France-based container shipping company CMA CGM and Reefer Transport company SEATRADE Group announced collaboration on the creation of a new vessel sharing agreement incorporating the services known by CMA CGM as PAD and by Seatrade as MERIDIAN.
This service will link Northern Europe, the East Coast of the United States, Central America, the Pacific Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Peru and the Caribbean on a weekly basis.
This new service brings together CMA CGM, SEATRADE and MARFRET and improves their frequency and port coverage.
13 modern geared ships with a nominal capacity between 2200 and 2500 TEUs will be deployed on this new line (6 CMA CGM, 6 SEATRADE and 1 MARFRET). Each will have minimum 600 Reefers on board necessary to transport refrigerated goods such as fruits or meat.
In particular, this new line is expected to:
- Provide a direct and weekly service to Papeete and Noumea from Northern Europe and the East Coast of the United States,
- Provide the only fast, direct, dedicated reefer service from New Zealand to the United States and Europe,
- Improve the supply of transport between Australia and the United States,
- Offer stops in Peru, which will include a very short transit time to supply fruits to the United States and Europe.
The weekly service will have the following rotation:
- Zeebrugge, London Gateway, Rotterdam, Dunkerque, Le Havre,
- New York, Savannah,
- Kingston, Cartagena,
- Papeete, Noumea
- Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne
- Nelson, Napier, Tauranga
- Pisco, Paita,
The launch of the service is scheduled in October 2017, subject to validation by the competent authorities.