The third edition of the Tanker Management and Self Assessment – A Best Practice Guide (TMSA 3) will be available from Monday 10th of April.
The long awaited new edition of OCIMF’s Tanker Management and Self Assessment (TMSA), a Best Practice Guide for ship operators is due to be published, introducing, among other things:
- Expanded best practice guidance to complement the KPIs.
- Revised and enhanced best practice guidance to remove ambiguity and duplication.
- Additional requirements for HSSE strategic planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) setting and performance monitoring, review and improvement.
- Streamlining and merging of elements to improve consistency and make conducting the self assessment easier.
- Enhanced guidelines for risk assessment, auditing and review ashore and onboard alsong with guidance for all related tools to be employed.
- Introduction of updated industry legislative requirements, including latest STCW, MLC, BWMC & Polar Code issues.
- Extensively Revised Element 6 and 6A – Cargo, Ballast, Tank Cleaning, Bunkering, Mooring and Anchoring Operations, with additional KPIs and best practice guidance.
- Extensively Revised Element 10 – Environmental and Energy Management (previously Environmental Management) incorporates the OCIMF Energy Efficiency and Fuel Management paper that was a supplement to the TMSA 2.
- A New element: Element 13 – Maritime Security.
The new version is also extended in length (+23% in terms of words) compared with the TMSA 2 with the key focus now being shifted to implementation as the vast majority of the ambiguities of the TMSA 2 has now been cleared.
While OCIMF is officially proceeding with publication on April 2017 this is a long awaited publication and the latest/final draft has been extensively circulated in the market as part of the ongoing awareness and consensus building effort.