Welcome to the 2017 SMART4SEA Awards page!
We are delighted to announce the inaugural SMART4SEA Awards within the scope of fostering Technological Excellence & Sustainable Shipping. The process to be employed is a combination of open nomination and vote while the presentation shall take place during the forthcoming 2017 SMART4SEA Conference, on January 31st in Athens.
The Award Categories are:
SMART4SEA Excellence Award, sponsored by SRH Marine
To be awarded to any organization that demonstrated technological excellence and performance above average in any aspect of smart maritime activity.
- BMT SMART
- Maersk Maritime Technology
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Laros by Prisma Electronics
- Monalisa 2 – STM Validation
- North of England P&I Club
SMART4SEA Technology Award, sponsored by Tototheo Group
To be awarded to any organization that provided a significant achievement in technology or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of smart maritime activity.
- ABS Nautical Systems
Awards are subject to the following procedure, terms and conditions.
Nomination and Voting Procedure:
- Notification procedure is initiated few months ahead of the event with an open invitation to the industry stakeholders to propose nominations on the web. Nominations are valid only with an online submission completing the relevant form and can be made by any individual involved in shipping, limited to one nomination per category per person. All nominations MUST be in English language and provide a clear indication of the reasons behind the nomination (as appropriate).
- SAFETY4SEA Editorial staff will review all nominations for validity in line with rules, terms and conditions announced and place all valid nominations to the website for the online Open Vote in line with the deadlines announced.
- For each category winner will be the nominee that has attracted the most votes by the end of the voting period. Only one vote per person per category will be allowed.
- Winners will be announced at the completion of the SMART4SEA Conference and prior Farewell reception, in Athens, early January 2017.
Terms and Conditions:
- Nominations: SMART4SEA Awards are open for nominations till Monday, 31st of October 2016. Valid nominations will be reviewed by the editorial staff and put to online open vote on safety4sea.com, supported by social media and e-mail campaigns.
- Eligibility: Only work or achievements taking place within the last 18 months (2014-2015) will be eligible. Each nomination to meet the award description and specified entry criteria.
- Online Open Vote Procedure: Votes to be supported by name and business title. Only one vote is accepted per award category. Vote will be open till 20th of January 2017, 17:00.
- Award Announcement: Winners will be announced during the 2017 SMART4SEA Conference, due in Athens, early January.